Thursday, November 28, 2013

Seinfeld Lovers Unite

Hello Seinfeld lovers!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I'm currently taking a program called Creative Communications. Yesterday at school we had a speaker in our Public Relations class; he used the line "I hope this doesn't show my age" before making a Seinfeld reference. Is Seinfeld  already in that category? 

I've never thought of Seinfeld as a "showing of age" show, but I guess it's been gone long enough that it could be. I was still surprised to hear our speaker say this. I've only known shows like Gilligan's Island or MASH to be used in this context, and Seinfeld is much newer. 

I suppose a part of me didn't like hearing it because I realized we are getting further and further away from the days of Seinfeld. I guess what I'm trying to say is—never be afraid to admit you're a Seinfeld lover!

As Seinfeld lovers, we must unite to make sure that our beloved show never dies. We must continue to watch re-runs so that stations keep playing them, and therefore new generations of Seinfeld lovers are born. We must never be ashamed to be fans of the show. We must embrace it.

Seinfeld lovers unite!
Photo credit: nydailynews.com

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I actually just did a blog post about how shows will never be as good as Seinfeld :)

    ReplyDelete