Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Pilot Post




                                                  Photo credit: Wikipedia - The Seinfeld Chronicles

"The second button makes or breaks the shirt." - Jerry Seinfeld


The scene pictured above is from the pilot episode of the hit television series Seinfeld. This episode aired in 1989, and the series went on to produce nine seasons. The reason for the show's success - awesomeness. I don't think I have to explain to Seinfeld fans what makes the show great, but I would like to discuss it anyways.

The characters MAKE the show. They are all so quirky in their own ways, you can't help but falling in love with them. I think you have to watch the show a few times and really get an understanding of each character's ridiculous mannerisms before you find it funny. Once you get to know each one, you will love it. 

Many of my friends don't like the show (crazy, I know). However I think other Seinfeld lovers would agree, if they just got to know the characters, their minds would change. If you're reading this blog, I'm assuming you are a lover of the show and not a hater. And lovers would probably agree that haters just don't understand! 

I may come off a little obsessive at times in my blog posts, but that is only because I am. If Seinfeld is not your favourite show you may not like me. But there is an easy way to fix that - simply begin indulging in the genius that is Seinfeld. Then I promise you won't have a problem with my blog. 

Thanks for reading my pilot post! Here is an idea of what to expect in the upcoming weeks:
  • Seinfeld on Twitter
  • Where are they now?
  • Are you still a Seinfeld fan?
  • Fake movies in Seinfeld - Deathblow
  • What makes Seinfeld better than other sitcoms?
  • Seinfeld on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine
  • Cancer Faker Fogel

4 comments: