Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cancer Faker Fogel


  Photo credit: sportsjournalists.com

We all remember Gary Fogel, the guy who faked having cancer. His character was played by Jon Lovitz in the 13th episode of season 6, The Scofflaw. In the episode, Jerry buys him a toupee out of sympathy. We later find out that Fogel was faking it; he didn’t actually have cancer. 

What kind of person does this? Oh wait, it's fictional, and it’s hilarious. 

Lovitz does a perfect job of playing the guy that everyone hates. 

Click here for the video of Fogel’s famous line, “Good for you, Jack!” 

I think this line makes viewers hate him even more - at least it does for me!

Anyways, the purpose of bringing up Gary Fogel was to show you how one Alberta man stole his move. Click here for an article about this man, and how he cheated all of his friends and family out of thousands of dollars by faking cancer. 

After doing some research online, I found out that there are a number of cases similar to this one. I can't believe people actually do the stuff that we see on Seinfeld!  Last week I discussed the Winnipeg woman that is involved in a case similar to Kramer's dispute with Java World. 

Actual, real-life people are doing these things! Could you imagine if people started doing some of the things that we've seen in other episodes? - like crazy mechanics that steal their customer's cars when they feel the cars aren't being taken care of properly! Although, I would  definitely laugh if that happened in real life.  

Anyways, Fogel ends up dying after all, but not from cancer. Jerry casually mentions in a later episode that Fogel died in a car accident. I think most fans enjoyed this news. I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment