Friday, October 25, 2013

"The Chronicle"

Hey Seinfeld Lovers!

Last night, while flipping through the TV guide (not the print version, obviously), I came across a Seinfeld that was about to start. Naturally, I selected it. The episode turned out to be a clip show. I'm not usually the biggest fan of clip shows, no matter what show I'm watching, but last night I kept watching and I quite enjoyed it. The following is a list of quotes/scenes from my favourite clips of the episode:
(I hope they bring back memories of some of your favourite episodes like they did for me!)

Episode: "The Sponge"
Season 7, episode 9, 1995

Elaine:
"So you think you're sponge worthy?"
"Run down your case for me again."
"You going to do something about your sideburns?"
"Alright let's go."

Episode: "The Raincoats"
Season 5, episode 18, 1994

Helen Seinfeld (Jerry's mom):
"You were making out during Schindler's List?" 

Episode: "The Virgin"
Season 4, Episode 10, 1992

Jerry: "She got anything in your medicine cabinet?"

George: "There might be some moisturizer."

Jerry: "Ah hah. Let me ask you this. Is ther any tampax in your house?"

George: (pause) "Yeah."

Jerry: "Well, I'll tell you what you've got here."

George: "What?"

Jerry: "You got yourself a girlfriend."

George: "Ah, no, no. Are you sure? A girlfriend?"

Episode: "The Engagement"
Season 7, episode 1, 1995

Kramer: "You get up in the morning, she's there! You go to sleep at night, she's there! It's like you've got to ask permission to use the bathroom! Is it alright if I use the bathroom?

Jerry: Really?

Kramer: Yeah, and you can forget about watching TV while your eating, because it's dinner time, and you know what you do at dinner time?

Jerry: What?

Kramer: You talk about your day!

Episode: "The Yada Yada"
Season 8, episode 19, 1997

Marcy (George's girlfriend): "Speaking of ex's, my old boyfriend came over late last night, and, yada yada yada, anyway. I'm really tired today."

George: You don't think she'd yada yada sex do you?

Elaine: I've yada yada'd sex.

Episode: "The Burning"
Season 9, episode 16, 1998

Elaine: "David! I'm going to hell—the worst place in the world, with devils and those caves and the ragged clothing, and the heat, my god, the heat! What do you think about all that?!"

David Puddy: "That'd be rough."

Later in the scene - David Puddy: "You stole my Jesus fish didn't you?"

Episode: "The Pool Guy"
Season 7, episode 8, 1995

George: 
"A George divided against itself cannot stand."
"You're killing INDEPENDENT George!"

Episode: "The Contest"
Season 4, episode 11, 1992

Kramer: "So you're still master of your domain?"

Later in the episode - Jerry: "I can't take it anymore, she's driving me crazy! I can sleep, I can't leave the house, and I'm here, I'm climbing the walls, meanwhile, I'm dating a virgin, I'm in this contest, somethings gotta give!"
 
Episode: "The Stand-in"
Season 5, episode 15, 1994

Elaine: "He took it out."

Jerry: "He what?"

Elaine: "He took—it out."

Episode: "The Wife"
Season 5, episode 17, 1994

George:
"Could it be because you don't want him to know that you have a friend who pees in the shower?"
"It's all pipes, what's the difference?!"

Episode: "The Package"
Season 8, episode 5, 1996

Kramer: "Jerry, all these big companies, they write off everything."

Jerry: "You don't even know what a write-off is."

Kramer: "Do you?"

Jerry: "No, I dont."

Kramer: "But they do, and they're the ones writting it off."

Episode: "The Revenge"
Season 2, episode 12, 1991

George: "I like sports. I could do something in sports."

Jerry: "Uh huh, in what capacity?"

George: "You know, like the general manager of a baseball team."

Episode 16: "The Kiss Hello"
Season 6, episode 16, 1995

Jerry: "And I'll tell you another thing Cosmo Kramer, or whatever you want to be called, the kissing thing is over! There's no more kissing, and I don't care what the consequences are!
Kramer kisses Jerry.


These scenes and quotes are all from "The Chronicle," the Seinfeld clip show that originally aired on May 14, 1998. At the end of the show, a number of short clips are shown with "Time of Your Life" by Greenday playing in the background. CLICK HERE to watch the video on YouTube.
 
I know it's cheesy, but don't lie—I'm not the only one that got a little case of Seinfeld nostalgia after watching this video!

No comments:

Post a Comment